måndag 11 juli 2011

Bracketing.


To those of you who think that food and wine might become boring at some point (personally, I think that's what happens when you die) I have a suggestion. You need to try the philosophical activity of bracketing. Bracketing is when you look at something in a concentrated, conscious way, so much so that it becomes new and strange.
I did this the other day with our Verdejo. Verdejo is a grape from Rueda in Spain. The question was "What do you serve with a Verdejo?", and now the question has morphed into "What can't you serve with a Verdejo?". The process was like a prison break - high walls of do's and don'ts and can's and can'ts were suddenly nothing but redundant structures representing the confinement of a willpower that cannot be confined. A Cinderella of the wine world.
Well, now I've got it. If I were Egypitan I would be buried with it. You know what they say, save the philosophical musings for the afterparty.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar