söndag 14 augusti 2011

We welcome decadence

I was watching an episode of "Top Chef - just desserts" yesterday. The contestants were asked to produce a dessert to pay homage to the decadence of chocolate. Now I don't know about you, but when someone says "decadence of chocolate to me", my mind immediately goes to a high-ceiling:ed room with heavy, rich-coloured drapes covering the windows. The room is lit by flickering candle-light, the air is heavy with musk and perfume. The chairs and tables are mahogany, with gothic detailing and a gold finish. Food is served on silver trays, wine out of crystal decanters. The theme here is rich, romantic opulence.

Why am I telling you all this? Because afternoon teas are coming back for fall. Afternoon tea the Bloom way, like a mini version of my decadence fantasy, without the boudoir interior. (Although I might but the boudoir interior idea past Igi some day...)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar