lördag 6 augusti 2011

Running entertainment

I've gone to great pains to keep fit for the last couple of years. Since I'm a workaholic that will rather work than sleep it's not really been an easy thing to accomplish. Thanks to hard-learned self-discipline, I go running with my dog a couple of times a week, as well as going horseback-riding whenever I can, and taking aerobics classes in the local gym most days during lunch hour. I've never really paid any attention to what I'm wearing at the gym or when I go running, I prefer comfort over style in that particular situation, but I have noticed a catwalk of sorts running the latest in sportswear. Now I happen to think that if the brainpower and time spent by high-powered intellectuals on designing running shoes was put to better use, say solving the conflict in Gaza, then the world might be a better place. Also, jumping up and down waving your arms around is equal to looking like a prat no matter what shoes you're wearing. And make-up? well, lets just say that 30 minutes of straining to lift a weight bar makes it make-down, or maybe even make-apart.

Why am I telling you this? Well, because my favourite form of entertainment is watching people dressed to the nines sweat their impeccably made-up face off, arms a-swinging. Sometimes it even comes with sound effects - grunts, farts, snippets of song or general humphing. My favourite place to indulge in this entertainment is at Bloom. You can get as decadent as you like. Sit back in a lounge chair on the terrace, loaded with a tray of chocolate cake and wine to boot. Smile indulgently as the joggers go by. Kick back. Say things like "aaah, life is good" really loudly.

Does this sound very wicked? Well, lets just say I earned it, I spent an hour and a half jogging with weights today. Some bastard giggled at me when I tromped past. What goes around comes around, my friend.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar