torsdag 11 augusti 2011

The need for chicken soup

2011 has so far been a good year, and a bad year. I guess it just goes to show that you can plan all you like - but life will get in the way sometimes and either give you a new kitchen or a kick in the nuts. Titti is getting a new kitchen (hurrah!), and the kicks have been coming my way (and unfortunatley it's not just the damn weather). It takes quite a lot to floor me though, especially since I know about the secret of chicken soup. For someone who is mostly vegetarian (and training for a marathon), turning carnivorous every so often is not a bad thing, or so Dr Christian Jessen has been telling my husband through the TV screen. Anyway, my life-long solution to ay conundrum is either food or poetry. In the case of chicken soup, it's both.

Some of you may know this, others may not. Chicken soup is the universal cure for all ailments. It cures a broken heart, the common cold, loneliness and grief. It brings together what has been torn apart and it gives peace to those of us who have over-crowded minds.

When I post this, cue Igi to call and say "Hey, chicken soup isn't summer food!". To that I have but one response (looking out at the wind and rain): you call this summer?
Well, I have hot chicken soup and Titti will soon have a new kitchen. Come what may, but those two things make even the gloomiest days brighter.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar