torsdag 1 juli 2010

Whatever floats your boat

I’m not a particularly inventive person, but whenever I read my favourite website www.psfk.com, my geeky side surfaces as I read in awe about cats with bionic prosthetic limbs and the endless impressive (though ultimately useless) technological feats that can be achieved with an iPhone. Considering I broke my iPhone within the first 30 minutes of ownership by inserting the SIM card the wrong way, I don’t think this will be my particular forte.

This week I was inspired by Rotterdam-based designer Damian O’Sullivan’s concept for floating greenhouses that will traverse the city’s waterways while propogating local produce, which, in turn, would be delivered by bicycle. Imagine the waterways of Malmö filled with verdant tugs and fresh Swedish produce available throughout the city (it could be sold in those lovely little red jordegubben stalls that spring up on every street corner each summer). Maybe even Igi could launch battery operated junks carrying plant beds laden with verdant salad leaves, or little alpine strawberries on Pildammarna. In addition to the ecological advantages, imagine the pleasure of watching the geese fervently chasing a floating bed of ramsons.

See here!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar