onsdag 12 oktober 2011

Things to get excited about

I'm not inspired at the moment. October is just not giving me "feeling". I thought I'd be all up in arms about autumn and colours and a new fabulous season but I'm not. I'm all like: "brown, burgundy, mustard yellow and olive green for autumn - revolutionary." (read with heavy sarcasm). Maybe it's because it's rained every day since sometime in July, or maybe it's just because I know this is the last possibility of some warm weather before we go in for hibernation.
No. I'm just not that into October.
I'm much more into November. November means gearing up for the festivities of December, and I love suspense and animation. October just seems to me like a big pause in all the fun. While I'm pausing though, I think I'll indulge in a bit of wine scouting. A lot of good things come out of Spain, Portugal and Italy for this time of year. In fact, I think I'm going to indulge in a nice glass of Tawny port, maybe even a vintage Taylor (no, it's not made behind chef's KitchenAid). I'll cosy up with my pungent glass and maybe some of Titti's pralines. That is, if I can sneak the bottle out of Mon Cher's special drawer at home and steal a box of chocolate from under Titti's nose without anyone noticing. Okay, I think I might have solved October. I hereby pronounce October "indulgence month". Throw calorie-counting to the wind (you'll burn it off trotting around town looking for christmas gifts next month) and do heavy cognac-laden stews with game, and lamb. Guzzle lots of warm drinks and eat loads of warm fruit tarts and chocolate pudding. Buy yourself some fluffy down slippers and hey presto - October will be November before you know it!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar