måndag 17 oktober 2011

Brunch drinks, not weekday appropriate

I don't know about you, but my circadian-alcohol rhythm is skewed. I only realized this the other day when I was supposed to be having "drinks and cheese" with the in-laws during my "normal" working hours. Actually, my working hours seem to be 7.30 a.m to 11.30p.m, but that I know is just me. Anyhow, I was supposed to be having a glass of wine on a weekend evening, and dammit, I couldn't. I had about one sip, and that was that. I mean, I know that at 23 I'm not a good representative of my generation (I've been spending an unhealthy - for me - amount of time with people my age and I just don't GET that rabid fascination that they have about booze. I'm rabid about tasting wine, and understanding terroir, harvesting, maceration, fermentation, aging, pricing, oxidizing.... bla bla bla. I feel fifty or so when I say without thinking about who I'm talking to "I heard there's a new tequila being released, it's supposed to go very well with a chili con carne" and get blank stares like I'm an alien...)
Anyway. I digress. I can't drink when normal people drink. Which is almost seven days a week, by some new-fangled poll. I actually got quite depressed about this, I mean, what's the use of knowing the difference between a ketteridge and portlandian Chablis if you have to spit it out? But now I've figured it out. I'm a morning drinker. (Don't get worried just yet. I've never had a morning drink in my life) Because when you're working nights, the morning is the time you relax, right? I know they have "brunch drinks" State-side, so my question is when is this coming to Malmö?

Oh, hang on. That's never going to happen. Alcohol permits are issued from 11.30 a.m. So much for me having fun.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar