onsdag 25 januari 2012

What's up?

I don't know what anybody does in January. It's a useless month. So is February. Apart from possibly Valentine's day. Actually, no, Valentine's day is useless too. To my husband: if you can't get with it enough to take me out to dinner for no reason other than that you love me very much, then skip Valentine's day too. Anyway, it's not like I'm going to be available to go out: I work in a restaurant, and the 14th of February is the only night really worth its name to keep open during the first two months of the year. I also know that come the 14th, I'm going to be in a much better mood, because I'm secretly a romantic. Roses, Champagne and chocolate, bring it on. I know the kitchen will.
I'm just a bit pissed at the moment because there's 2 cm of snow in Lund that melted and then turned to ice. Somehow Gatukontoret have taken leave of absence and so the only way to get anywhere (to Malmö, perhaps) is by boot-skating and hoping that Skånetrafiken missed the weather report and that the trains are running. I'd happily forgotten what it felt like to be risking life and limb to get to work due to the incompetence of our dearly beloved bureaucrats.

Also, what's with the fact that it's 2012 and we can't rub together 2 female chefs to compete for chef of the year?

Oh. Hang on. I'll give you a good reason to get out of bed during these cold, benighted months: Afternoon tea. On Sundays. 12-16. Vicky and myself blend the tea ourselves. I add the scientific credentials to the mix. We can book up really quickly so be sure to give us a call beforehand.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar