torsdag 26 januari 2012

I knew heritage was important, but I don't want to eat it.

I read this in the food and wine section of SvD this morning on the topic of the chef of the year competition:
"Temat i år var Det svenska arvet och en av de två tävlingsuppgifterna var att kreera en modern restaurangrätt på en given huvudråvara - svensk biffrad med ben från Gotland."
Which in English is "The theme this year was The Swedish heritage, where one of the two competition tasks was to create a modern restaurant dish from Swedish steak with bones from Gotland."
Really? I knew Gotland was rich in archaeology, but I didn't think the Fornsalen museum was open to lending their precious bones to a bunch of chefs. Next time I'm back on the island I'll have to check that the hedgehog woman is still there.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar