fredag 2 december 2011

Speaking of Champagne, the combatant bottles

I've been rolling the term "combatant bottles" around my mind for quite some time. I first came across the term at a tasting where several importers and brands were present. It implies a battle of the beverages where one ends up being the winner - as if all the wine professionals in the world universally agree on what is good taste. Which is not the case, at least not when the tastings are blind (or "controlled" as the scientist in me would put it). Decanter, the wine magazine, runs a commentary by Andrew Jefford every Monday. I suggest you read the one called "Greatness in context" if you're interested in the tasting and rating of wines.

So, when choosing your bubbly, what are the bottles battling it out? Jancis Robinson has a list of her personal favourite bubbly-type wines. Find it here.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar