onsdag 14 december 2011

Enough with the holier-than-thou attitude.


(image from DailyMail.co.uk)

There's been a lot of debate about the "sexualization" of food recently. As if it's a problem. Yes, I agree I've heard a lot of food being described as "sexy" lately, but I don't think I've heard of anyone trying to institute a new sexuality, that is, that one is sexually attracted to food. And I certainly haven't heard of anyone molesting food, i.e. abusing produce in a sexual way.
In the picture above, I'd say that the dirt is in the eye of the beholder. Sex, just like gluttony, is a mortal sin and so many people are quite ready to leap to the moral high-ground and deny us one or the other on the basis that indulgence is a sin. I don't know about you, but to me sex is a good thing, in moderate amounts. Just like caramel sauce and other "sexy" foods. I'm all for self-indulgence here - not for over-eating. Indulge, people! Have sex, eat sexy foods - but have balance. Excess is not a good thing, either. So. If tipping a bowl of sticky caramel sauce over your face is what floats your boat, then go right ahead. Enjoy. Make it special, make those special moments with that sexy, sinful food count.
(This is as close to Dan Savage I'm ever going to get. Enjoy.)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar