torsdag 8 september 2011

The "R"-months

You may or may not be familiar with the fact that oysters are in season when the name of the month contains an "R". I, personally, loooove oysters so much that Mon Cher purposefully steers clear of any french-oriented restaurants for as much of the season as he can - he's not a big fan of the texture, and being a gentleman (and a romantic) he knows that ordering a platter of oysters for starters will mean he has to share. You know, Hollywood-style romance that all the gals fall for. It's a bit of a charade, actually. He loosens the oyster from its shell, sprinkles a little salt on top and just one drop of lemon juice on each, and then one has to feed each other without spilling the liquor... Anyhow, I pride myself in not (yet) letting on that if he wants to leave the entire platter to me I'm enough of a greedy bitch to eat them all. However, there is one person who I could never beat when it comes to downing raw molluscs: Igi. My record is 13, his is 36.
So. Anyway. There's a great article in the Guardian detailing everything you might ever have wanted to know about oysters. I really recommend it. If you're one fo the brave souls who wants to serve oysters for your beloved at home (there goes the aphrodisiac myth again) here is a fantastic guide on how to shuck them open.

We've currently got the most luscious and beautiful local oysters from Denmark. Really fat and juicy they are, coming from our nice cold waters. Guess who's standing by if the chefs accidentally mess one up?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar