torsdag 17 maj 2012

Firsts

There are so many things I'd like to share right now, but I seem to have exhausted most of that capacity. I'll do my best.

I got a call a few days ago. An unexpected call, in contrast to all the other calls I've had for the last couple of months, which have been spent waiting for news on test results and hoping and praying and trying to function in my day-to-day life despite ravaging side-effects of my treatment. My bloodwork is clear, my scans are clear. I'm in the clear. At least for now. And now is all that matters. That metallic taste I've had in my mouth for the last couple of months is gone: right now the first grilled langoustines of the year are sweet and fresh and take me no place other than the very glorious present.

I've gotten to know myself much better during this experience, and what I really take away is this: life is too short to not indulge. After all, no one else has to live with your choices. So this is what's going to happen: I'm going to recover from my treatment, and then I'm going to focus all my attention on doing things that I love in the order I find appropriate. Right now that means finishing up my Ph.D (which, by the way, will first and foremostly be dedicated to Igi, without his support I would not know whether I was coming or going), and in my free time I'll be learning all I can about wine. Which means you'll probably be seeing more of me on the floor this summer. Starting on Sunday of this week in fact. How do you feel about warm breezes in Pildammarna, with jazz, a glass of bubbles and some canapés? That's what Sundays are going to be all about during the summer. I'll make my first prediction for quite some time and say that it will be the place to be in Malmö. Why don't you join us?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar