tisdag 22 maj 2012

Aims and destinations

Who wrote "I am the answer to every man's question, his aim and destination"? I have a feeling it was something about single malt whisky, but slightly amended that quote could be applied to rosé wine and your average restaurant patron at this time of year. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, necessarily. It's just that I personally don't particularly like rosé. I think it has something to do with the fact that the rosé generally available in Sweden is not so much an experience as an indecent exposure. I'm referring to the boxed bastardizations called things like "zinful" of course. The packaging may or may not be pink, display images of amorous couples or come with fanciful labels adorned with freesias. However, if more than one of the above are true, I'd refrain from using it for anything but cooking.
It's funny, wine is such a great conversation starter. I recently met an amazing Argentinian chef (a woman!) who like me had been very indecently exposed (or should I say assaulted) by a horrible wine called "Barefoot" when in Florida recently. Imagine the worst wine in the world, and then imagine that it's been dyed pink. That's Barefoot for you. Tastes like sweaty feet, which I should have surmised. The really funny thing was that I was trying very hard to come up with a rosé that I like, and just as I'd figured it out, the chef says "I was in Spain recently and had an excellent Prieto picudo rosé". Which was precisely the example I had struggled so hard to come up with. All good things....
Anyway. We'll be bringing you fabulous summer wines of every hue this summer. So make sure to drop by soon.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar