torsdag 11 oktober 2012

Croatia, said Robert Parker




I remember reading a review on some Croatian wines a long time ago. The review quoted Robert Parker as saying that Croatia was the next up-and-coming wine nation. Being about 20 years old and and prone to sweeping generalizations I think I shut my eyes for a few seconds, chuckled, and shook my head. You know, the way you've seen people in movies do when they've come across something a bit outrageous and so clearly misguided that it's not even worth the effort to write someone an angry e-mail. 

To be fair, I'd done some traveling in the region, and my general experience of former Soviet-bloc countries was that while a bottle of wine could be good, quality control was lacking to the point that you could go back for a second bottle and end up with a completely different wine.
Nevertheless, I was wrong and Robert Parker was right (clap your hands if you're surprised and also happen to believe in fairies). Croatia is amazing, not only wine-wise but food-wise. Croatian truffles? Sure thing! And they're bloody good to boot!

So. We've got ourselves a Croatian menu on the 15 and 16th of november - with Croatian wines, Istrian white truffles and cheese from Pag. We've even got a Croatian guest Chef! So give us a call and book your table now!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar