fredag 7 september 2012

Wine: dogging it

I recently had a long discussion with a well-to-do gentleman about white wine. He maintained throughout the conversation that red wine was the state of the art, so to speak, and that white wine is what Kopparbergs is to Cidre de Normandie. I maintained throughout the conversation that the only thing red wine does better than white is stain your clothes. Anyway, he wanted to know about full, buttery whites - I suggested something Alsatian. He looked very confused for a couple of minutes while I rambled on about chardonnay, riesling and gewurztraminer - until I said something along the lines of that you can never go wrong with a French bottle. He was all full of relief. "I was worried that there was some dog reference in there that I was not getting. I was like "what does a German sheep dog have to do with this?", but now I get it. Alsatian as in Alsace. Thank god." Yes, thank god for that.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar